Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's in a name?


I figured I may need to explain the title of my blog J See, after visiting the SMT Celebration and seeing so many women connected in a way I had so desired to share, I decided to “bite the bullet” so to speak. So, with the help of my friend Chrystie, Pathfromtheheadtotheheart, I have leapt into the world of blogging. Please, forgive me if I am rusty at this.

One of the verses I memorized was 2 Cor 4:6, “For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” This verse although coming late in the year, has become a resounding shout in my heart. A good many of my verses after looking back were about shining God’s light. As I was deciding on a name, the song Sweet Illumination by Shane and Shane came on my ipod, as I listened to the words I thought that’s it… however only to find that name is taken L I had just listened to David Crowder Band sing In the End… the sub title is O Resplendent light…. PERFECT…

His Resplendent Illumination is what I desire… Brilliant Illumination upon all that is around, but also that I may shine the Illumination and be the mirror He needs me to be.

One of my favorite verses in Revelation is 22:23, “The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its LAMP!!”

Let your light shine today!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! And I love the name of your blog! My favorite word to describe God right now is "BRILLIANT!" He is...
    I am so happy to send you a present for your birthday! That was so neat how that all worked out for all of us. We are passing on blessings and I couldn't be more happy that you two are the blessed ones for my tickets. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete