Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SMT Celebration 2010


Years ago, "encouraged" by a friend, I memorized the Word. However, it turned into more like a competition for me. Seeing which one of us could out-memorize the other. The Words just were words on a notecard, their addresses became fleeting and the meaning behind them lost.

I never thought I would do it again, I had laid down hope of memorizing because I wanted the Word to become more alive than black and white on a page. Boy, DID IT EVER!!!

Last December, as I read LPM's Blog I found myself praying at end of 2008, "Lord - let's do something different...This time I want to meet with you with these verses. Not how many I can memorize but to learn the depth behind the Words You have written to me." It has been my breath for this past year! Beginning with the first verse in Isaiah to the last one in John for December, it has been a wild ride.

Through these 24 verses I could see my year, where I was and where I had needed His extra umph to get me over or thru whatever obstacle I needed to overcome.

On January 22, 2010, I entered into a room of 507 women, all there for the same reason to celebrate the completion of memorizing God’s Word over a year. For whether we realized it, the connection of diving into the Presence of the Living God was found as we clung to our Scriptures. Each Word on a small page held deep meaning for each of us. Truly the Living Word of God!!!

176!!!! WOO-HOO!!! Verses in Ps 119! Broken down into 22 sections, with each 8 verses starting with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and then the lines of each section also starting with the same letter!!! Oh, how marvelous and alive His Words are!!!!

“I am a resident alien…seeking direction… in deep want of wonder…in peril and need…troubled by humanity…especially my own…knowing that to follow, is the only free road… for a straying sheep longing to be found.”

To stand in the courtyard on Saturday and see Siesta’s telling their verses, brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart. As I know it did for our King as well…WOW!!! And the weather -PERFECT!!!

I was so blessed to meet some of my fellow siestas, Lifeattheparsonage, Valeriechris, Angie, GeorgiaJan, Momofeleven, Emmy, Twinkle, MooseMama. You ladies ROCK!!!! (Especially after that flight back to ATL J)

Plus I got to Eat Amazing Food!!! (ok – so FreeBirds is SOOO Awesome!! )

Chrystie and I attended sunday morning service at Houston First. Where we heard a wonderful message by Pastor Gregg Matte.

To out Siesta Mama, I have been to so many of your events (I actually miss the dog stories ;) LOL!!! I never grow tired of hearing you teach us what God has shared with you. Thank you for reminding us to not rapidly pass it along, but to receive it for ourselves.

Amanda and Melissa, thank you for sharing not only your mom with us all, but your own lives as well. You two are wonderful godly women.

Travis – I thank you for being man enough to step into a room charged with estrogen!!! J and for leading precious worship !

For the beautiful women of LPM!!! Y’all were so very welcoming – THANK YOU!

Thank you ladies for an amazing weekend, one I will never forget. It was by far the most intimate event I have been to, and to all come together for the common goal of celebrating learning His Word – AMAZING!!! Lets’ Do it again!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Holly, I'm so glad you contacted me to let me know you started a blog!
    It's so fun!
    It was great meeting you in Houston.

    I felt the very same way you did as Sherry & I were reciting our Scriptures. It was so touching to look around and see so many others paired up. I loved every part of the trip. Blogging has opened up such a new world for me. I've met so many amazing ladies.

    I look forward to talking to you often!

    Love,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!
    Hope you have a great day filled with lots and lots of the favor of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Holly! LOVE that you started a blog! You are an amazing woman and I praise God that I met you in Houston. Happy late birthday - I hope you had a wonderful day surrounded by those you love!

    His,
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you, purple pen friend! I felt silly for not getting you ladies' info. Glad you had such a great time at SSMTC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO neat how God connects women, their hearts, and sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete