Monday, July 25, 2011

Unity...

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in One Spirit, contending as One man for the faith of the Gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you Will be saved - and that by God." Phil 1:27-28NIV

I have on the margin of my Bible the word Unity. :) This verse was shared with me thru messaging from a co-leader of mine in Youth. She was saying what an amazing privilege it is serving with each other, to further the Gospel. I wonder if Paul understood this at the time he was writing it ? The encouragement that comes from this "giant of the NT" always astonishes me. Here is a man that had a past, yet was so enamored with his future looked in that direction.

I start "fall sports" again this friday... with this comes a hope of a new future, and light... yet also reminds me of our opposition. Opposition in Paul's day seemed to look a tad different at least to us it seems that way... Then I am reminded a few verses later "Do everything without complaining or arguing so that YOU may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which YOU shine like stars in the universe as YOU HOLD OUT the Word of Life :)" Phil 2:14-16aNIV

I will be facing a different kind of opposition this year than last, but I have learned from the past years it prompts me to dig deeper in His Word, to reach out to others, and attempt to strive towards that finish line. Whether this is in Youth, Women's ministry, or even on the Fields/Courts I will stand upon this upcoming year.

Unity is a word in the athletic arena that unless you are coming together as One force, you ARE the weaker opponent. As a believer, I am admonished to HOLD OUT the Word of Life... Living my life as a Child of the Most High and coming prepared for the battle :) My prayer this night is, I am able to focus on His game Plan and not my own. His game plan is proven, and He really is the ultimate Coach :)


No comments:

Post a Comment